Get involved !
Our aim is to build a community of investors and savers subscribing to danone.communities units through a dedicated fund, and united by their belief in social entrepreneurship as formulated by Muhammad Yunus and Franck Riboud.
At the same time, we want it to be an open community, welcoming all Danone employees, contributors to our blog, teachers and students with an interest in social business, and all those playing a part in it, including NGOs and financial professionals -- not to forget the public at large. The aim of danone.communities is to move forward together, cooperating in a positive spirit to better understand and deploy social business models.
Most importantly, as the end purpose of all our action, there are the disadvantaged communities we are working to help by providing resources to back entrepreneurship and ensure lasting improvement in living conditions, with employment opportunities and food for health.
Our project opens the way for new, socially responsible connections from community to community.
Today, nearly 1 billion people still suffer from hunger. The world population continues to grow and will increase by 50% by 2050. Together, we can open and sustainable alternative routes! Make sense of our social and economic savings.
Microfinance is defined, according to the guide of microfinance, Microcredit And Savings For Development (Boyé Sebastian, Jérémy Hajdenberg, Christine Poursat, Editions Eyrolles, 2006), as "all services that are offered to individuals who have no access to conventional financial institutions. By extension, the term "microfinance" refers to all activities implemented to provide these services. " These financial services are microcredit (joint or individual credit) and savings. Microfinance appeared in Latin America and Asia in the seventies, marked by the creation by Muhammad Yunus of the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh in 1976. In 2006, he received the Nobel Prize to award his action for the development of microcredit.Learn more
danone.communities: a prudent investment fund backing social business entrepreneurship
Our work is backed by the danone.communities fund, which places at least 90% of assets in fixed-income securities through investments in bond and money-market funds, wherever possible managed in accordance with the principles of socially responsible investment. Remaining assets, representing at most 10% of the fund total, are invested in our venture-capital fund, which in turn invests in businesses that make societal progress their main priority.
The parent fund is open to investments from Danone shareholders, employees and other stakeholders, and from all individual and institutional investors.
Danone shareholders also have the option of investing all or part of their Danone dividends in the fund.
Danone has invested €20 million in the fund, but is not involved in its commercial promotion.Learn more
We will soon be opening local bases. We probably will look for profiles that can to provide operational support for the businesses we finance.
Send us an email if you want more information or any questions.Learn more
If you are interested in keeping up to date on our projects and providing personal input,
- Keep on visiting our blog regularly.
- Become a fan on our Facebook page and meet others social business fans
- Follow us on Twitter and ask any questions you want !
- Have a look and post your comments on the photos on our Flickr albums.
- Or watch our interviews and videos on Viddler, Dailymotion, YouTube and Vimeo.
Latest blog entries
Devenez membre et contribuez aux projets